End of Year Giving!
Most people want to be intentional in year-end charitable giving especially during the Christmas season – but aren’t sure of which non-profit organizations produce the greatest lasting results.
For that reason, ROI Ministry (ROI) has prepared a Christmas gift for everyone who is evaluating ways to make the wisest charitable giving options this month. That is, your gift will help the most people in the world per dollar giving. The National Christian Foundation (NCF) has also freely provided ROIMinistry.org ten online giving accounts so that you can invest through their secured online giving funds today.
This year’s ROI’s Top 10 List of not for profit organizations include:
- Neverthirst which provides clean drinking water to someone $1.19 for a whole year
- Serv International requires only 9 cents a meal for distribution to the hungry
- Medical Ambassadors International provides lifesaving health instruction for $1.13 per person
- 410 Bridge utilizes just $4.19 per student-year in a suitable classroom.
- Global Media Outreach uses the Internet with an army of volunteer online missionaries only 67 cents per indicated decision for Christ.
- Doulos Partners works with native believers and indigenous pastors to plant churches and are seeing $0.61 per profession of faith.
- CRU Jesus Film (JF) Project establishes relationships with Jesus and for only $1.23 per indicated decision with Christ
- While JF Harvest Partners reaches people with Jesus for $2.56 per person while planting churches
- The Mailbox Club reaches our youth through nearly a dozen lessons for $1.23 per child discipled in developing nations
- Faith Comes By Hearing spends $1.29 per discipled person which is defined as taking someone through the New Testament in their native language
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
when it is in your power to act.
28 Do not say to your neighbor,
“Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you”—
when you already have it with you. Proverbs 3:27-28
Make today count! Pray and ask God which ministries or projects He wants you to get involved with. It could be partnering with them through your time by volunteering, through your treasure by donating your money or your resources or by committing to pray for that specific ministry. These are just a sample of a few of the amazing ministries that are reaching people for Christ. You might already be involved or supporting another ministry, if so, prayerfully consider how God wants you to be a part of what He is doing for 2019. End of year giving must be done by the end of 12/31/18 so don’t delay!
Pray for each of these ministries. Start 2019 off by praying for each of these ministries. Designate one ministry each day. If you have time, visit their website and see what God is doing through them and pray for their work. Many of the groups will have prayer requests listed on their site. Ask God to continue to raise up laborers and volunteers so that people might be reached. Ask God to soften the hearts of those that they are reaching, that they might be open to the Gospel. Pray for resources and supplies to be raised up through donors and in-kind gifts. It can be helpful to designate a time. It could be during dinner with your family or at the start of your day. If you meet with a small group pray through the list with them.
Get involved. The harvest is plentiful and the workers are few. Pray and ask God if there is a ministry or area at church that He wants you to serve in this upcoming year. Be willing and open to where the Holy Spirit guides and directs. Remember that as you make your commitment, think through your other obligations. It is always better to start out small versus over commit and then not be able to follow through. Ask other volunteers what it looks like to serve in that ministry or department. Sometimes God might be directing you to start a new ministry or department at church, be open to how He guides and directs you.
Prospective supporters can go to ROIMinistry.org to learn more about organizations that made this year’s Top 10 list where they can also download a free Calvin Edwards and Company (CEC) statement of impact, thanks to the generous annual gift from the Jackson Family Foundation (JFF). CEC was retained as an independent third party consultant to vet the results per dollar of these Top 10 organization.
LaDainian Tomlinson is no stranger to running. He spent eleven seasons as a running back in the NFL. He was…
November is National Adoption Awareness Month. It was started in 1976 by Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis announced an Adoption Week…
From Lone Survivor to 13 Hours, over the past decade more and more movies are being made about the Navy…
MORE INK WELL ARTICLES YOU MAY LIKE
Waking up to the stench of a nearby sewer filling the air and having no desire to get up and…
Most people look forward to the weekend and loathe when Monday comes around. However, for Matt Emerzian, Mondays are the…
In 1998, Sixpence None the Richer’s song, “Kiss Me,” reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100. The song became…
“Let’s go surfing now, everyone is learning how. C’mon and safari with me…” There’s just something about summer and Beach…